Blue Star Memorial Marker Dedication
The Dedication Ceremony of the Blue Star Memorial Marker Honoring the Men and Women of the Armed Forces of America was held on Saturday May 17th, 2008 at 2:00pm Burlington Square Park
307 N. Ellsworth Street Naperville, Illinois
The Blue Star Memorial Marker Program of the National Garden Clubs, Inc. began in 1945 to honor the men and women serving in the Armed Forces during World War II. The name was chosen for the star on flags displayed in homes and businesses denoting a family member serving. The Blue Star Memorial Program grew to extend thousands of miles across the continental U.S., Alaska, and Hawaii. All men and women who have served, are serving or will serve in the Armed Forces of the United States are included. Markers continue to be dedicated each year on highways, Veterans’ facilities, National Cemeteries, parks and civic sites showing our deep appreciation for those who defend our country.
All to see, lest we forget, those who help to keep us free.
* Polly Henderson, Former Blue Star Memorial Chairman